Obstetrician and author of over 50 scientific papers, Dr. Odent introduced the
concepts of birthing pools and home-like birthing rooms in the 1960's and 70's. He
also founded the Primal Health Research Center in London, which focuses on the
long-term consequences of early experiences. Dr. Odent is the author of The Scientification of Love, The Farmer and the Obstetrician, and
nine other books.
Dr. Odent's web pages are housed within the Free Association Books Resource site
(the links on the left side of the page refer to other sections of that site). Dr.
Odent's page includes links to ten of his articles, descriptions of two of his books,
biographical information, and related links.
The ten articles are:
- Sexuality as a Theme
- Consumption of Seafood and Preterm Delivery
- The First Hour Following Birth
- How Aphrodite, Buddha and Jesus Developed Their Capacity to Love
- Lessons From the First Hospital Birthing Pool
- Future of BCG Vaccine
- Is the Father's Participation at Birth Dangerous?
- Lumbar Reflexotherapy
- New Reasons and New Ways to Study Birth Physiology
- Between Circular and Cul-De-Sac Epidemiology
Dr. Odent is one of the few doctors who have focused on enhancing the capacity to
love. We are delighted to have found this collection of exceptional and important